10:am-10:15 Welcome Intro
10:15am – 11:30 Dallas Crum, Business Development Manager of AMS This interactive demonstration will introduce the audience to the new 2015 AMS lowered floor minivan. It will present the van’s features for serviceability and reliability, features for client access, crash tests, and availability and pricing.
1. Participants will be able to list 2 features that are unique to the AMS Conversion VAN related to client use and fit of the vehicle .
2. Participants will be able to describe 2 features of the AMS Conversion Van that make it easy to maintain and service.
11:30 – 12:00 Mobility SuperCenter Product demonstrations
12noon – 1pm Lunch. Overview /review of NMEDA highlights – around the room, Words from our most excellent Lunch Sponsor: Mobility Super Center
1pm – 2:15 Scott D Barton, Ph.D., Neuropsychologist, Roper Rehabilitation Hospital
Anxiety, attention, judgment and Driving This presentation will explore neuropsychological abilities needed for good driving. It will explore the literature for assessing driving in the clinical setting and it will touch on reasonable coping strategies.
1. To provide an overview of what the literature says about the higher level neuropsychological abilities necessary for good driving
2. To understand what we know about assessing these abilities in the clinic setting.
3. To conceptualize what strategies we can recommend to those clients who can handle the basics of driving to become better drivers.
2:15-3:30pm Presentations by Roper Saint Fransis team. – TBD
3:30pm- 4:00 GA / SC ADED Chapter Business and Wrap Up
Possible places to stay: ADED does not have special room rates for this event. The following list are suggestions based on a web search. Rates subject to change.
1) Best Western Patriots Point $131.00 1-855-238-6635
2) Wyndham Garden Mount Pleasant $183 1-855-257-2854
3) Shem Creek Inn $146
4) Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant $154 1-855-201-7819
5) Seaside Inn Oceanfront (Isle of Palms) $192 1-855-222-9507
6) Holiday Inn Express Charleston downtown Ashley River $204 1-855-284-3415
7) Holiday Inn Riverview (round Holiday inn on the river) $197 1-855-214-8336
8) Hampton Inn and Suites Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms $184 1-855-214-3081
9) Quality Inn and Suites Patriots Point $148 1-855-201-7819
10) Comfort Suites West of the Ashley $139 1-855-802-2162
Note from John: I looked up hotels within 20 minutes of downtown and $200 or less per night. If people want to stay further out near the airport it will be cheaper, but also more traffic and not as nice of an area. Hotels can go up to $400 a night in Charleston, especially downtown.